In today’s world of fast Internet connections, we can’t bear our favorite tv shows to stop or to play in low quality. Buffering is one of the most annoying parts while Binge watching. Many a time the reason can be your slow Internet connection, but if that’s not the case then maybe it’s the cache of the streaming app.
Table of Contents
What is a Cache?
The cache is a software component that stores data. If the user searches for the same data in the future, the request can be served quickly. The data stored in the cache memory can be the result of the computation done earlier. A cache hit occurs when the data requested by the user is already present in the cache memory, whereas cache miss occurs when the data can’t be found.
How Cache Affects Performance?
The data stored in the cache can adversely affect the performance of your PC as well as a web browser and applications like Kodi. Most of the websites opened by the user tend to store their data on the client’s PC which includes redundant information like fonts, images, etc. This helps in reducing the loading time of websites.
When the data is stored for a longer period, it can result in clashes with the stored data from other websites on the same browser. The cache files can also be used in a malicious way to keep an eye on your internet activity. It can also be used to keep tabs on your desires and preferences so that customized advertisements come across your way every time you open any website. Therefore, it’s important to clear cache of your browser or PC or app to enhance the performance.
Cache files also affect the performance of applications like Kodi. Kodi is a magnificent application to stream and sorts out the entire media content in one spot. When we play our favorite TV shows, movies, and other videos, there are times when we face issues like constant buffering, hang-ups and low-quality streaming.
Despite the fast internet connection, the cache files, create obstacles in the ideal functioning of Kodi. Generally, Kodi saves the pre-buffered amount of data in the RAM, using the 20 MB allocated to Kodi add-ons by default. Cache clearance on Kodi is necessary to enjoy the best streaming performance of high-quality videos.
How to Clear Cache on Kodi?
Kodi doesn’t have any specific option for clearing cache files on its own. Therefore, it makes use of certain add-ons like Merlin Wizard, Indigo, Exodus, Covenant, etc. that clear the cache really well. So, let’s delve further and discover how to clear Kodi cache on PC to make it more fast and reliable.
Clear Kodi Cache Using Merlin Wizard Add-on
- We require the SuperRepo repository to download the Merlin Wizard add-on. After completing the download, open Kodi, and switch to the “Add-ons” tab and click on the “install from zip file”.
- A file browser window will open. Here, switch to the download folder and select the SuperRepo ZIP file. After this, the repository will be installed on Kodi.
- Now, move to the “Add-ons” tab and open “Install from Repository” and click on “SuperRepo Repositories [Krpton][v7]”.
- Here, click on “Add-on repository” and open “SuperRepo All [Krpton][v7]”.
- Now, click on the “Install” button and wait for the completion of the installation procedure.
- Come back to the “Add-ons” tab and open “Install from Repository”. This time open “SuperRepo All [Krypton][v7]”.
- On the next screen, open “Program Add-ons”.
- Now, scroll down and find “Merlin Wizard”. Open Merlin Wizard and click on the “Install” button. After the completion of the installation, click on the “Open” button. The Merlin Wizard will begin its process so you have to wait for some time.
- On the Merlin Wizard page, click on the “Tool Box” button.
- Finally, click on the “Clear Cache” button to remove the accumulation of Kodi cache buffering. After the deletion of all the cache files, the status will get changed to “Healthy”.
- After you are done with the entire procedure, click on the “Exit button” twice as you have successfully managed to clear all the cache in Kodi.
Clear Kodi Cache By Using Exodus Add-On
- Once you have completed the installation of Exodus add-on in Kodi, switch on to the main menu and click on the “Add-on” tab. After that, move on to the Video Add-ons and click on Exodus.
- Here, you will see numerous options in front of you like movies, tv shows, etc., but you have to switch on to the Tools option.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see two options: Exodus: Clear Providers and Exodus: Clear Cache. You need to click on both of the options and clear all the cache files.
- Now, you can enjoy buffer-free high-quality videos and movies.
Clear Kodi Cache By Using Covenant Add-On
Most of the Kodi users have switched their preferences to Covenant add-on since Exodus became outdated. Follow the below step by step procedure to know how to clear Kodi Cache by making use of this particular add-on.
- Firstly, you need to open Kodi and navigate to add-ons option. After that, click on the Video add-ons and open Covenant.
- Switch on to the main menu and open Tools option. Now, you need to click on the Clear Cache and Clear Provider. After you click Yes, you will receive a notification mentioning that the process has been completed.
Clear Kodi Cache Using Indigo Add-On
For clearing cache in Kodi by using Indigo add-on, we need to first download the TV Add-ons repository. After downloading, follow the below-mentioned steps in order to clear all the cache.
- Firstly, open Kodi and navigate to the “ Add-on” tab and click on the “Install from zip file”.
- After this, switch on the downloaded zip file on your PC to instantly install the repository.
- Now, again come back to the “ Add-on” option and click on the “Install from repository”.
- Here, you have to click on the TV add-ons repository. After clicking, you will see various options out of which you have to click on the “Program add-ons.
- Find out Indigo from the list and then open it and click on the “Install” button. After the completion of Installation, switch on to the “open” tab and open “Maintenance tools” which will appear on the first page itself.
- Here, you will finally get the option to clear cache in Kodi. Click on “Clear Cache” and get rid of all the obstacles that are coming in between you and your high-quality streaming of videos. You can explore other options as well.
- Now, you have successfully cleared all the cache in Kodi.
So, now you have got a lot of options and their step by step procedures to follow for a hassle-free cache clearance. It’s up to you to select your preferred option for clearing the cache. You can use the above-mentioned methods on Windows, Android, macOS and Linux as well. All the listed add-ons work really well and you will not face any issue if you will follow the step by step guide. We hope that this article would help you in getting a clear picture of the steps involved for the various add-ons and you could get rid of all the unnecessary cache.